Friday 8 February 2019

Nearly week 8

I’m coming up for week 8. I’m gonna talk about sex !!! 

Last week saw my 1st recognisable period since my operation. Somewhere in all that postop bleeding there would have been a period but to be honest it wasn’t something I could pick out.

However, this month, cramps for 3 days before and then boom ! Heavy period for several days followed by light then spotting. Much longer than my before copper coil period and much more painful. I’m assured this will settle and ease ! I hope so !!! I’m not used to this !!!

Today, I’m 7 weeks plus 5 days. I’m still (according to guidance) no entry - aka nothing goes inside me until 12 weeks ! But I woke up with ‘the horn’!?! So a little bit of mutual - non penetrating fun later and ohhhlala ... so it would appear I can still climax (not being able to a risk factor to surgery which I was worried about ) and given it’s been some weeks since I’ve even attempted anything like it, it was well received by me and the hubby :) endorphins galore :)

Even so, I felt anxious, it took a while to relax. I was worried things would feel sore, right, bruised. But maybe because I know my body and took things slowly, it was ok. I felt good. It felt good. 

Prolapse wise. I’m still managing to go to the loo all by myself ! In fact it’s very odd - where going to the loo used to be a rather long and planned affair - these days it’s not a sensation which can be ignored and I sit, I go, it’s done, all within a few moments ! Very different indeed. But better. 

Day to day I’m managing ok. Not lifting much and when I do being very aware of my pelvic floor and core. 

My scar feels ok. Still ridged and sore in places. Things feel generally tight and I’m sure I can still feel hard points where I believe the deeper stitches remain.

All a reminder than there is healing to be done ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment